Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recording using Quicktime Player X (Lion 10.7.2)

I'm trying to create a screen recording using Quicktime Player X, but it seems there is a problem with the application. I've used this successfully in Snow Leopard, but some of the functions seem unusable now in Lion 10.7.2. I'm not able to select an audio source from the drop down triangle, or press the record button after I've selected "New Screen Recording" from the menu bar. It seems as if Quicktime simply doesn't register my mouse clicks.

Quicktime Player X-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 10:09 AM

4 replies

Oct 23, 2011 10:19 AM in response to TheSmokeMonster

I was unable to set any of the mic stuff before recording. I was also unable to click on the record button. Basically, the small black recording window was entirely unusable. Clicking on anything in the window would send me back to the finder.

I created an entirely new user, and it works fine now. All I can think of is that upgrading from snow leopard, something about my account became corupted. All is ok now, albiet a long tedious process to migrate my data from the old user account to new user account.

Feb 9, 2013 4:35 AM in response to Samuel Sherman1

I had exactly the same problem. But instead of creating new account I tried to delete all QuickTime X cache and preferences files from /Users/CurrentUser/Library. (from subfolders Application support, Caches and QuickTime) And heureka, it works perfect now. So there is no need for long process of migrating user data. 🙂 Hope this would be helpful to someone.

Feb 4, 2014 5:05 PM in response to Samuel Sherman1

I know it's not relevant to you specifically, but for anyone who find this, do NOT tweak the QuickTime Player preference PLISTs to remove the rounded corners. As annoying as the rounded corners are, if you disable them, it can sometimes trigger the bug where you can't click on the windows.

The above answer from martinfek, by the way, is the best one.

Screen recording using Quicktime Player X (Lion 10.7.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.