Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2010 Mac Mini Server Snow Leopard Problems

Mac Mini Snow Leopard Server, dual hard drives are raided.

Been seeing a lot of strange issues with this server. Won't reboot properly, problems with Accountedge software, and more.

I decided to run Verify Disk, and Disk Utility said it couldn't fix the disk, and to run from the server install disk.

So I setup another mini in target disk mode with the server install disc in its superdrive, and selected the install disc by booting up the server holding the option key. It just spins the wheel on the gray apple screen. I have to disconnect firewire and reboot to make it work.

I've also tried the same without the other mac mini in target disk mode. I've also tried this using the Remote Install feature, which only allows me to go to that ancient hardware test, not to setup.

It might be the install disc, very scratched up. I can borrow one or I can use my copy of Disk Warrior.

Mac mini, Other OS, Snow Leopard Server

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 12:54 PM

There are no replies.

2010 Mac Mini Server Snow Leopard Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.