Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting avi. files to 720 x 486 uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:2

I am importing some avi. files into a project that is using uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:2 (720 x 486) material. FCP7 keeps asking me to convert the files using Media Manager. I have many times using my custom compressor settings but the copied files still end up being DV/DVCPRO 720 x 480. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHZ, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 4:48 PM

"What am I doing wrong?"

Listening to FCP7? 😉 Come on, that's the same lot that told you to export via Compressor...

You should be able to transcode from your source AVIs using Compressor (and your custom settings) without involving FCP at all. Then you should be able to bring the footage in using the Import command. (If your project requires logging there'll be some manual work.)

Media Manager has done many good things for me and several evil things as well. I avoid it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2011 4:48 PM in response to Harri P

"What am I doing wrong?"

Listening to FCP7? 😉 Come on, that's the same lot that told you to export via Compressor...

You should be able to transcode from your source AVIs using Compressor (and your custom settings) without involving FCP at all. Then you should be able to bring the footage in using the Import command. (If your project requires logging there'll be some manual work.)

Media Manager has done many good things for me and several evil things as well. I avoid it.

Converting avi. files to 720 x 486 uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.