Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not happy. How do I proceed to upgrade to iCloud?

iCloud is such a major change to the way OS X operates, that it should have move to OS XI (Eleven).

Can anyone guide me through this scenario?

6 Macs.

3 are Mac Mini's, either Core Solos or Core Duos. (Not Core 2 Duos).

So 3 Macs are incapable of being upgraded to iCloud. One of the Core Duo's is currently my iTunes "server". All my iOS devices (1 x iPod Touch, 2 x iPhone 3GS, 1 x iPhone 4) are synced to that Mac.

I can't move my library to another Mac -- 2 are MBP's (Portable, and not always home), and the other a Mac Pro (too Power hungry -- my power bill goes up significantly when this is left on 24/7).

The 3 Mac Minis don't require any of the traditional MobileMe services, but I do like the concept of synching my Music library to iCloud.

Any suggestions on how I proceed?

BTW -- Any truth in the rumor that Snow Leopard will be supported shortly? I've seen it in mainstream media in Australia...

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 6:21 PM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2011 8:26 PM in response to MooMuir

If you move your exisiting MobileMe to become icloud , all machines that can't run Lion will be out of the syncing.

That easy.

And no, Snow Leopard does not support icloud. Rumors are rumors. But if something like a 10.6.9 was in the works, we would have heared or seen more then a photoshopped screenshot .. So : No. Lion only. 10.7.2 to be exact.

Not happy. How do I proceed to upgrade to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.