Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Improving iMessage...thoughts...iClub

So been using ios 5 for a bit and couldn't help but feel that iMessage could be so much more than what it is. Decided to put some of my thoughts out there to see what everyone thinks...

1. Create a kind of a mini social network called "iClub" between all iOS device users.

2. Make a separate zone within the iMessage app for iClub users

3. In this zone one should be able to see all iOS device users in one place and have status updates for each user, together with their profile pics.

4. Ability to create groups from within iClub...not just group messaging but permanent groups which can directly tie up with "Find My Friends" on a permanent or temporary basis

5. Ability to tie in ones username with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare etc... So by clicking on a user one can be taken to their Facebook, twitter etc pages (if they allow it)

6. Flexible privacy settings between users so one can allow or disallow how much one wants to share with each user in the iClub

I think iClub will be a good way of getting people to interact with each other in a more direct way...but these are just my thoughts...send me urs, rants raves whatever...

Macbook Pro 2.6 ghz Intel Core Due 4 GB 667 MHZ DDR2 RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 8:50 PM

9 replies

Oct 22, 2011 9:52 PM in response to Uday Chopra

Probably you will not get a lot of responses here, and if you do the thread will be deleted as you are essentially wanting to start a poll which is not allowed within the Terms of Use here. I doubt you will ever see "iClub" as part of iMessage as Apple has not been very successful with their Ping music social networking experiment. You would also pretty much eliminate business use of the iPhone with such a social networking scheme built into the app. iMessage is pretty much styled after Blackberry messaging which BB converts have been asking for since they switched.

Have you used the app Loopt? That will give you some of the features you are looking for in "iClub".

Oct 22, 2011 10:00 PM in response to deggie

Ya I see your point. In fact my thoughts have come out of making the iMessage platform a more BBM type app. The reason BBM works so well is that it is like a mini social network. Where one can see ones friends status updates and it makes u feel connected. iMessage has brought in some of the features but in my opinion what makes BBM really unique is that Social Networking quality that iMessage does not have yet.

Also the BBM users are kind of like a club...cause you can only add people using pins and it does not get automatically added like iMessage...this adds to a feeling of exclusivity which again the iMessage app is missing.

I'm not saying my ideas are perfect but would love to see something on these lines so that both these features of BBM can be incorporated, namely 1) The Social Networking feel and 2) The being part of an exclusive club feel

Improving iMessage...thoughts...iClub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.