Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie widget not working

Upgraded to Lion, and Movie widget suddenly shows "No data available". I've tried re-installing the widget, and other Dashboard fixes, to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 17", 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), And an iPhone, and an iPad...

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 1:26 AM

24 replies

Apr 3, 2013 5:29 AM in response to EMSmac

I'm having a similar problem: after upgrading to 10.8 Mountain Lion, my Movies widget is just a black, empty rectangle. It doesn't even show "No data available" -- just nothing. (Same thing for all users of the Mac, and I've tried restarting, as well as removing the widget then putting it back.)

Are other people still having this problem? Has anyone solved it or had it go away on its own? Are there any other Mac Movies widgets (Apple or third-party) that I could use? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Apr 3, 2013 6:09 AM in response to DonnaR

My Solution (hope you try it):

1) Activate Dashboard;

2) Hold down the Option key;

3) Roll mouse over the Fandango Movie widget;

4) You should see an encircled "X" appear in the upper left corner of the widget;

5) Click the "X";

6) The widget should disappear.

Multiply this by thousands of users and eventually Fandango (or Apple) will fix ALL the problems.

Movie widget not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.