Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3.2 keeps crashing

Aperture 3.1 was working fine

Aperture 3.2 update closes as soon as a 10.2M raw photo has finshed loading:

I need to access my work how can I roleback to Aperture 3.1?

This is a App for professional's we relay on it to keep working.

Please dont reless update's that make the app crash

Apple, Please, Please, Please don't do this.

Please Test,Test,Test and test some more.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 3:26 AM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2011 11:32 AM in response to TopSteve

This is how I reverted to version 3.1.3.

1. Locate older version in whatever backup device you have and use it to replace version 3.2 in Applications then close.

2. Holding down both the option and apple keys, open Aperture using the icon in the dock.

3. A window appears with 3 options: repair permissions/repair database/rebuild database.

4. Go through all three, one at a time in the order they appear in the window. I closed after each operation and reopened, holding down the two keys to get access to the window again.

5. When I finished all three, I opened Aperture the normal way and everything - all books, projects, slideshows - was back in place and working fine.

I had only about 2000 photos in my library; the entire process took about 15-20 minutes.

At first I thought my vault was OK as well, but discovered it wasn't. My vault, which is in a partition of an external HD was so damaged by all of this that Disk Utility couldn't repair it. So I erased the partition dedicated to the vault, added a new one with a new name, updated it from Aperture, and now it, too, seems fine.

I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Apr 2, 2012 6:25 PM in response to sauble

I too am having issues with the new 3.2.3 upgrade.

I use Aperture as part of my workflow as a professional, and am quite frustrated that this so called bug fix, keeps crashing the program. It is now slower. Since upgrading a week ago I have had to repair libraries several times. Never had to do that before.

The whole computer starts going dim and I get a message stating that I have to re-start the whole computer. Now I don't feel safe having other programs open while running Aperture for fear of lost data. This really *****.

Have a Core 7, plenty of memory, this should not be happening!

Going to take the role back advice for 3.1.

Come on Apple, don't start releasing Microsoft type crap just to put a new version out there. This is supposed to be a professional editing tool.TREAT IT LIKE ONE!!!

Apr 2, 2012 7:35 PM in response to 62stratfan

62stratfan wrote:

I too am having issues with the new 3.2.3 upgrade.

I use Aperture as part of my workflow as a professional, and am quite frustrated that this so called bug fix, keeps crashing the program. It is now slower. Since upgrading a week ago I have had to repair libraries several times. Never had to do that before.

The whole computer starts going dim and I get a message stating that I have to re-start the whole computer. Now I don't feel safe having other programs open while running Aperture for fear of lost data. This really *****.

Have a Core 7, plenty of memory, this should not be happening!

Going to take the role back advice for 3.1.

Come on Apple, don't start releasing Microsoft type crap just to put a new version out there. This is supposed to be a professional editing tool.TREAT IT LIKE ONE!!!

Sorry for the spelling.

I am a Photographer and Computer Engineer

The difality in working out what is happening is the interactions with diffent setups. Two questions;

When you re-start your mac do you allow it to send a report to apple?

What other programs do you have running when this happens?

With the answers I'll try and help.

P.S.

"Speed" I used to be jelos of faster Mac's but some people with much more powerfull computers than me (I have a MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb) seem to find Aperture runs slow. I wonder why this should be?

Apr 2, 2012 7:32 PM in response to TopSteve

I down Graded for a time to 3.1 then when Apple relesed 3.2.3 I upgraded to that.

Now it's working well but a bit slower on the "Retouch" in "Repair" mode.

At this very moment I am running e-mail,safary, yahoo chat, VLC, iWeb and iTunes playing music with Aperture in Snow Leopard on a 1.87Ghz core duo 15" MacBook Pro and it's all working well.

Apr 3, 2012 3:09 AM in response to 62stratfan

Fisrt sorry for the spelling I am dislex....

Update Sorry I juped in a bit fast. I can repuduse your problems and this it why I did not when I gave my first answer. I forgote that I run two programs that change the way my MBP works; One is CoolBookController and the other is smcFanControl the first one alows me to under-clock my CPU and the secound controls my Fan.

When I start work in Aperture I often use the FanControl to increse the minimum Fan speed from 995 RPM to 2500 RPM if I don't do this I start getting the bad behaver you discribe. Normail behaver for a MBP should be as the CPU/GPU get's hotter the Fan speed should increse and then decrese when the tempture falls. But I notice (I run a tempture gage on my menu bar) that when Aperture is running the Fan speed incress dose not kick in quick enough and the CPU/GPU reach a tempture where programs will crash.

Running the Fan at 2500 means the CPU/GPU don't get to hot in the first place also the sound of the fan is not to disstracting when it keeps going up and down. I perfare to have the fan run fast and the CPU/GPU not get to hot than have it run slow then fast then slow then fast then........... and the CPU/GPU run the risc of getting to hot and the computer crashing; The fan is capable of running at 6000 RPM.

I have sent this to Apple when the MBP askes to send a crash report You know the box that opens with "the programed unexpecley quit"

Please do the same

3.2 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.