Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera roll won't open/closing

When i go into photos and tries to open camera roll, it closes and returns to the start menu.

It is the same if i try to take a picture, just after i take a picture, it returns to the start menu again.

I have rebooted my iPhone and it didnt help.

What to do?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 8:29 AM

I am having the same problem.

Can't get into camera roll, or photo stream folders. Just keeps returning to the start menu instead.

HELP!? I use my camera for work every day!

9 replies

Oct 27, 2011 10:56 AM in response to SimonKoenig

Update: Made an appointment with a genius. Went into the store and another genius told me it didn't warrant an appointment, and to just restore my phone (I'll just spend an hour sitting around on my day off, because I have nothing better to do.. no worries). Made it sound like I had done something to it, and that it wasn't up to them to fix it. Luckily I brought my macbook into the store, so I just sat down and did it in-store. I told him I wanted to retain my appointment, just in case. When my appointed genius did come around, he insisted that I shouldn't have restored it, because it will make it harder to pinpoint the problem.. I told him that I was told to do it by another genius. what a mess.

As it turns out, the restore solved my problem, at least for the short term. My concern is, of course, that it will happen again. I know I didn't do anything at my end to cause the problem in the first place.. so I figure it will likely happen again. oh well.

It obviously has something to do with Photo Stream/iPhoto/iCloud.. and I just noticed today that there is an iphoto update available.. that says it solves some issues with photo stream/icloud.. so I am optimistic.

I just wish the genius's were told of the internal software problems, so they wouldn't try and pin them on user error.. frustrating.

(I'm on my third iphone 4.. they just keep handing me new ones.. starting to doubt Apple's quality control.)

Camera roll won't open/closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.