Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove Photostream folder

I logged into iCloud using my wife's account accidentally, and now I find myself with 2 Photostream folders... I've tried logging into her account again and disabling Photostream. The folder remains. I've logged into and disabled Photostream on both accounts and still one empty folder remains... Is there anyway to remove that extra folder?? Even with Photostream disabled I'm seeing that Photostream folder that has nothing in it... Irritating if nothing else...

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 8:38 AM

I had same problem.

Try to find Newtonian's post.

http://www.myiphonechat.com/how-do-i-delete-an-unactive-photostream-in-ios-5-123 12.html.

Hope this help ~

2 replies

Oct 29, 2011 9:11 PM in response to LiangX

Working Solution from LiangX's link posted here:

1. Delete your current iCloud account off of your iOS 5 device.

2. Sign into the original iCloud account (the one linked to the inactive photostream album)

3. Make sure photostream is turned ON

4. Take a picutre, and wait for it to appear in the Photostream.

5. Go into setting and turn off photostream, deleting all pictures, and getting rid of the photostream album.

6. Delete the iCloud account.

7. Sign back into the correct iCloud account on your iOS 5 account.

Can't remove Photostream folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.