Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A novice seeks help

I have two burning questions,

1 why do I keep loosing my wireless network connection (the system seems to forget my network data..and

2 why do some web pages display incorrectly (overlapping data and unable to select from page)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 11:45 AM

8 replies

Oct 23, 2011 12:05 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Hi Allan.

The network problem is 'general' I get connected, leave the machine and then get a report; not connected to network!! the iMac seems to forget my previous input and says my network isn't available, and yet shows the network in its list, insisting I tell it the Wireless SSID and password, even though I've told it to remember both.

The URL is 'currently' but not exclusively the Mail rewards scheme. https://mailrewardsclub.mailonline.co.uk/WeekendClub

I log in and get the card number entered, but the reward selection is jumbled and I cant select form the various options,

I see you're Stateside so won't know this newspaper URL or very likely be able to log in (without having registered) but I have experienced this problem elswhere, pages not displaying clearly, but overlapping items not allowing readability or where necessary selection of icons.

Cheers

Oct 23, 2011 12:28 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Cheers Allan.

I assumed that would be the case, as I say, I get that far without much problem, its the rewards page where it goes wrong. If I find another more generic URL where this happens, I'll let you know.

I've not tried the non-wireless route as my office is upstairs and the hub downstairs, I may give it a try, but other than if it worked properly in that state I've no idea what it would prove about the wireless connection??

I see others have previously posted in regard to their network data being dropped by their computer and having to re-connect inputting their data. Mine sometimes still wont get an IP address even when i re-input my SSID and wireless key.

B

Oct 23, 2011 12:35 PM in response to b1952

I suggested the wired connection because I have had it happen in the past where the parameters for the network were changed during an upgrade. Everyone told me that should not happen but in my case it did. Until I tried a wired connection on my MBP and found it did work correctly wireless, I felt like I was chasing my tail. Once I knew it did wotk wired, I was able to trace the problem to its resolution.

In case you are going to ask I don't remember exact which parameter it was now see as how it happened a couple of years ago.

Good luck.

Allan

Oct 25, 2011 3:26 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Allan.

Been off-line as my wi-fi simply wouldn't connect. It kept asking for the key but wouldn't accept it.

I'm currently wired, and have re-set my wifi which is showing as working perfectly but I don't trust that if I move back upstairs it will continue.

Someone else suggeted changing the hub channel but didn't say how so my next mail will be asking them.

Thanks for communicating, but I don't think I'm any nearer to an answer!

Oct 26, 2011 3:05 AM in response to b1952

Allan

I've posted on a similar thread, not sure what you're monitoring!!

I tried hard wired, and naturally that worked, having re-established the wi-fi that seemed ok, (but was untested) I went back to wireless and the system had again lost all knowledge of available systems, HOWEVER, having re-typed all my data it worked and has been 'stable' for over a day (and a night).

Cheers

Barry

A novice seeks help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.