Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Calendar Delegates in iCal Not Syncing

Hello Everyone.

I've been stumped on my issue for some time and have been researching but found nothing.

OSX: 10.6.8

iCal: 4.0.4

My boss uses google calendar. I'm his assistant and he's shared that calendar with me so that I have access to it through my google account and I can add and delete events.

I like using iCal. So I synced my iCal up with my google Calendar. I used the calDAV method of syncing. I can add and delete events to my calendar just fine. I was able to add and delete events to my boss' calendar by creating a delegate calendar through iCal. Everything worked fine. However my boss added another calendar to his google account. I didn't think this would have any effect on my ability to edit events as I simply set up my boss' new calendar as another delegate in iCal.

The problem now is that I cannot get either of my delegate accounts to sync.

I deleted my calDAV and started from scratch in iCal. I added my googole account and delegates. Everything works fine. All of my boss' events load into my iCal but as soon I I try to edit one of them my delegate will no longer sync.

It seems like this should work and be easy but I cannot find a solution to keep my delegates syncing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I also have a mobileMe calDAV that syncs just fine with iCal.

Thanks!

-Drew

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 10:47 AM

Hi Drew,

If I understand correctly what you're saying, I did have a similar problem to yours.

I search all over the place in order for the syncing to work correctly, then a friend of mine showed me this google site, and now everything works fine.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

I don't know where he found that link, but its not under any of the google tabs.

It fixed my problem though.

Tell me if it works.

-da-1-n-only

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2011 10:47 AM in response to Fraky

Hi Drew,

If I understand correctly what you're saying, I did have a similar problem to yours.

I search all over the place in order for the syncing to work correctly, then a friend of mine showed me this google site, and now everything works fine.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

I don't know where he found that link, but its not under any of the google tabs.

It fixed my problem though.

Tell me if it works.

-da-1-n-only

Jan 30, 2012 12:45 AM in response to Fraky

Similar problem here. I can select the delegate calendars within iCal, but it simply doesn't sync any events for the delegate calendars. I'm also returned an error if I try to manually subscribe to the calendars, e.g. using a direct link from the Google calendar settings.

Either way, I think it's all related to a known block Google have implemented to deal with an iCloud conflict. Keep an eye here for a solution...although it's been several months already obviously:

http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=99360#

NB. The iPhone select solution will get things rolling on any iOS devices.

Google Calendar Delegates in iCal Not Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.