Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ExpressCard/34 and MacBookPro

Has anyone successfully fitted an SD/SDHC/SDXC adapter to their MBP to transfer photos? Is there one would you recomend? Or is there a better solution not using the camera and USB cable?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 15 inch late 2008

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 2:06 PM

My camera comes with some software that needs the camera itself to be connected to run. This software far exceeds any of the native mac importers as I've found that they compress the files for some reason when importing them.

I have the same exact computer as you. Do not clutter the express card slot with an SD reader, you can get any number of usb powered readers for that, and most likely cheaper.

[off topic] Have you ever considered getting an SSD express card slot and installing your OS on it? I've done this and it has speeded up rebooting and app response time tremendously. It's like a whole new computer and our model is the last one to support express card slot in the 15" models.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2011 2:06 PM in response to Jim Calderwood

My camera comes with some software that needs the camera itself to be connected to run. This software far exceeds any of the native mac importers as I've found that they compress the files for some reason when importing them.

I have the same exact computer as you. Do not clutter the express card slot with an SD reader, you can get any number of usb powered readers for that, and most likely cheaper.

[off topic] Have you ever considered getting an SSD express card slot and installing your OS on it? I've done this and it has speeded up rebooting and app response time tremendously. It's like a whole new computer and our model is the last one to support express card slot in the 15" models.

Oct 24, 2011 10:26 AM in response to Jim Calderwood

wintec, 98gb (I have the 42gb and am thinking of upgrading the space but I still have 18gb left). different retailers have different prices. SSD is pricey but you won't be spending more then 150$.

Always buy it new. Follow the steps they take in the video from the link. Their setup has the home directory from the internal hard drive connected to the new os and all your personal setting get put back into place. This save you space for your media/docs and makes the SSD only run your OS.

here's the link if you missed it before. http://www.macworld.com/article/145572/2010/01/ssd_macbook_pro.html

ExpressCard/34 and MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.