Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple calculator widget not working anymore

Hi,

I have just noticed that the Apple Calculator Widget is not working anymore. And I believe this happened since I updated to Lion 10.7.2.

I'm using a MacBook Pro Intel Core i7 though I don't think it matters. Has anybody the same problem ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 2:30 PM

10 replies

Oct 23, 2011 2:48 PM in response to Jean-Marie Allier

are you talking about the one in your applications folder on the one in your dashboard? if it's the one in your dashboard I would assume you could remove it and then add it again to see if that solves anything.

Make sure these are all the native calculators Apple has provided with the OS as well. If it is a third party one (not sure why you would have that) then it might not be compatible with your version of lion.

Try updating the latest build if you haven't already.

I hope this helps,

Not experiencing and faults with either calculators on my end.

Oct 24, 2011 1:34 AM in response to TheSmokeMonster

Yes it happens only in the dashboard widget.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it many times.

The behavior is OK with the MacBook keyboard and an external USB keyboard.

What is wrong is with the MacBook trackpad, USB Apple mouse and Bluetooth Apple mouse. When I click once on a digit It appears twice (1 will give 11, 2 will give 22 and so on). The digit appears when I press the mouse and once again when I release the mouse.

Jan 22, 2012 11:52 AM in response to Jean-Marie Allier

I have this same problem two number entered every time I click it with the mouse or trackpad. Installed other calcualtor widget and same issue.

Apple wants to charge me for a fix yet they are not sure they can fix it!

Obviously there are quite a few of us who have complaints about this widget calcualtor whats going on here? I expect better from apple.

Have you had any resolve with this issue?

May 16, 2012 8:16 AM in response to Jean-Marie Allier

Acivate Secondary click in the settings (click on right side). Then use right click to enter numbers. It stop duplicating digits.

I have the same problem and attribute it bad programming. I have installed other calc widgets and had the same problem with duplicate numeral entires when using the mouse.

It seems like upon releasing the mouse, the calculator reads another click. If you press down on the mouse and drag off of the calculator to release it does not duplicate.

Apple just looks dumb when programming bugs like this happen and go unaddressed. Even the track pad on my MBpro does it. I even tried another wired mouse and the problem still persists.

Good luck

Apple calculator widget not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.