Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you bring back the Silver Metal borders to the apps?

The Safari borders on top and bottom are now BLACK, since the change to iOS5.

How do you bring back the old silver metal borders? The black is too dark and not very clear to see.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 9:36 PM

9 replies

Oct 25, 2011 12:39 AM in response to JinKL

No. It's the iOS5 that set it automatically, with the Black BG and white writing. Very annoying. It's not related to the White on Black - it does it automatically. If you do use the white on black, then everything else turns dark also, which is not what I want, I already have a hard time seeing the new look of iOS5.

Such a shame that they didn't give us the option for the look.

Oct 25, 2011 7:37 AM in response to tonefox

Yes, I've tried.

May be I'm not explaining it properly. I'm not talking about the background of the pages, it's the silver metal "look" that you have in the apps, just like you have on your desktop. The bars at the top and bottom are now black with white icons. I also get the black "look" when you first get the text message - you know that "look"? It's gone black! How do you return it to the way it was, with the normal silver metal "look"????

How do you bring back the Silver Metal borders to the apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.