Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download xcode 4.0.2 for mac os 10.6.8

hi everyone ... i am using mac mini with mac os x 10.6.8 and would like to install xocde 4 but i am not be able to use the latest version of xcode 4 which is xcode 4.2 because it only compatible for mac os x 10.7 and above.. but i would like to use the xcode 4.0.2 but i dont see there is a link for me to download throught apple website or maybe there is somewhere else in the website for me to download .. do anyone know about it or the link? on the other hand, my stingy boss is not wiling to upgrade the mac os to lion and would like to use xcode version 4... but i just found xcode 3.2.6 thru teh website ...

thanks and regards.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 10:53 PM

31 replies

Dec 20, 2011 5:22 PM in response to AppleForSteve4s

The install disks that came with my MBP had 4.0.2 on the applications disk.

There is a site within "Apple Developer" (http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wo/6.1.17.2.1.3.3.1.0 .1.1.0.3.1.3.3.1), but it does not list 4.0.2. You need to register as an Apple Devloper to get to this page, though.

Do you have your original install disks?

Jan 19, 2012 1:56 PM in response to nikijodie

I'm not sure what "real answers" you're looking for. Apple offers Xcode for Mac OS X 10.6, but you have to be a developer program member to get it, as Steve said back in December. Otherwise, you need to look to your original installation disks which often included Xcode as an optional install.

What other information are you expecting?

Regards.

Feb 6, 2012 3:59 PM in response to AppleForSteve4s

For clarification (since that link is no longer valid), The ADC Developer Tools section lists (as of this post) "Xcode 3.2.6 and iOS SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard". I can't find any way to get older versions, but this is the newest that works on Snow Leopard afaik.

The direct link (from the Mac Dev Tools page):

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/Developer_Tools/xcod e_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3__final/xcode_3.2.6_and_ios_sdk_4.3.dmg

Apr 29, 2012 2:43 AM in response to LAOMUSIC ARTS

hi guys,

i've got the same problem: "how is it possible to have Xcode-4 compatible with OSX-10.6.8" (is there someone who couldn't not undertstand the question ?).

with an account in developper section, you have to acces a "download page" with some off "xcode" program files... but NEVER the 4.0.2.

So (for guys who don't understand all the previous message...) in the disk installation of OSX-10.6 there is no xcode-4, but Xcode-3... so WE WANT Xcode-4 on OSX-10.6.8 (what is so difficult to understand guys ?), because OSX-10.7 Lion is not a "good" OS for workers (bad stability and to commercial version... not realy pro version), and we can't do all thing you do with 10.6.8 version... so the 10.6.8 version is more stable than the poor 10.7 version who is to young.

Xcode-4 (the first version) can work on 10.6.8, but Apple don't want to take it on his download page... WHY ?

is there the new politic of Apple to make money without making good job ? Is there the new commercial politic of Apple to sale poorless quality and no service at a big price ? What is it ? is it the end of Apple quality bisness ?... I think it is your bad way now, and i'm so sorry.

May 2, 2012 7:28 AM in response to AppleForSteve4s

Eventually I managed to get my hands on another mac with the sdame OS (10.6.8) and copy it´s Xcode files into the appropriate folders in mine.
I have now XCode 4.2 Build 4C199 with i0S43 simulator & library and iOS5 library.

After contact Apple 2 times and wait 2 months for a wrong link, I sure may affirm that Apple is forcing the consumer to update the OS by avoiding any maintenance at any level to old products. A scary example are the links they tooked away from here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3376132?start=0&tstart=0

Google is your friend ! Use this Google hack :

XCode 4.2 Build 4C199 "download"

Jun 6, 2012 8:54 AM in response to AppleForSteve4s

xcode-4.0.2 = no way, impossible to install it !!! error unkown !

who can install this and why ?

there is no xcode-4.2 for snow leopard... so, what is the interest to post somthing about this without link ? is it a bad joke?

i'm fed up with new politic of apple... no more again. to expensive for this bad politic.

Next computer i'll go back on linux with good machine.

download xcode 4.0.2 for mac os 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.