Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to travel in Korea with iPhone 4S?

I have an ATT iPhone 4S. I'll be traveling to South Korea from Dec 1-10. (Well, I also plan to visit the DMZ, technically in North Korea, but that's not relevant to my question here.)

I'd like to have a working phone while I'm in Korea, to coordinate my local meetings, and also to check any voicemail I receive back in the US.

Should I (can I):

- Take my iPhone with an international plan from ATT here in the US?

- Take my iPhone and buy a local SIM card for the duration of my trip to Korea? Which vendor is best?

- Take some old GSM phone (or get a cheap local phone) with a pre-paid SIM card?

Is there some other option, like the cell phone street vendors all over in South America?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S-OTHER, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 11:11 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2011 11:20 PM in response to whoami24601

1) Get an international plan. Yes but you'll face expensive data roaming fees if accessing data

2) Change the Sim. Only if the phone is unlocked, Check with the telco and if not ask if they will unlock it, give them a reason why you need it unlocked

3) Take some other phone. yes this will work.

Personally I would take the phone as is. Turn off data roaming and connect to wifi when you need to check email or use apps etc.

How to travel in Korea with iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.