Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What ports and url/ip does iMessage use? Corporate firewall and proxy need opening.

Hi All

Hope someone can help. iMessage is causing problems for iPhone users in our schools due to the fact the urls, IPs and ports are all hidden behind the messaging front end of iOS 5. Can anyone tell me which urls/IP addresses/ports I need to get opened through my corporate firewalls and proxy servers in order that iMessage can work for these users?

Thanks

Jon.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 7:02 AM

We are having the same problem cannot seem to find any information on what ports Find My iPhone uses either. Would be nice of Apple to update article: TS1629 with this information they updated this document on the 18th of October as well. Very frustrating!!!

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629

6 replies

Jan 3, 2012 3:41 AM in response to jon161

I'm not sure if this will help as I'm still waiting for these ports to be opened, but I was advised to open ports:

3478-3497

Some ports have been open (the last 4) and messages sent in iMessage don't seem to hang any more and I don't get a "failed to deliver" error so something must have worked in opening those ports. The problem seems to be retrieving the message - however I did send a message to an iPhone 4 which was connected via 3G and it still hasn't received the message.

Hope this helps. I will keep you posted.

Nick

What ports and url/ip does iMessage use? Corporate firewall and proxy need opening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.