Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get an Installation Disc for Lion after I already installed it.

I am furious, with myself and Apple.... I started this journey of upgrading to Lion soley because I needed to increase the capacity of the HD on my early 2008 MBP. I saw that it was much easier with Lion, I didn't see or understand the part about only on brand new computers...

I have already upgraded the HD once before and had NO PROBLEMS... Time Machine back up and all that.

I am only a Mac user for 3 years... I love it... But some preconceptions die hard...

LIKE ....WHY CAN'T I MAKE A DVD OF MY INSTALL DISC AFTER THE INITIAL INSTALLATION OF LION?????? ESPECIALLY SINCE I DIDN"T GET ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE???

Yea, I didn't read the fine print, I had to make one at the time of installation.... I didn't know that I wouldn't be given the chance again????

Darn Darn Darn.... I only upgraded as a step along the path of upgrading the Hard Drive.... NOW I CAN"T WITHOUT MAJOR HEADACHES.... Grrrrrr

LOL

So, Apple... if you are gonna distribute your OS this way... fine... but jeez, how about making it so we can get an installation disc after we missed the chance on initial installation???

What do I do?

Macbook Pro and iMac and iPhone 3gs, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 7:17 AM

4 replies

Oct 24, 2011 8:05 AM in response to MacPow75

Relax, it's easy. Go to MAS, Purchases Tab and use option. You can download another installer and save it to as many disks as you like.

The trick is that it downloads to the /Applications folder and once you restart it self-destructs. So if you're going to save the installer you need to do before the restart.

You can also burn it to disc. Kappy has good intructiions for this, search the forums orsee this article.

Oct 24, 2011 8:28 AM in response to macjack

Thank you... I will take your advice and relax...

OK will do.

As you can tell, I totally disagree with apple on this.... It should be a DEFAULT that the ability to make a DVD start up disc is always there... not the other way around.

I have spent hours on this upgrade... upgrading the Snow Leopard, upgrading to Lion, Installing new hardware, re-installing new hardware, re-installing the old hardware...

Some people, like myself, have the ability to DIY, but I don't have the incredible highly detailed inside knowledge that I apparently have to possess...

Thanx

How do I get an Installation Disc for Lion after I already installed it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.