Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup Assistant did not complete - What will happen?

Hi there,

I just got a new MacBook Air (OSX 10.7) and just went through the Setup Assistant process.

I got stuck in the Select Time Zone page, as I couldn't click on the Continue button. The button is available, it's just that at that time I was navigating through Setup Assistant with keyboard only - Tab and Spacebar.

It was my first experience with MacBook touchpad and I wasn't aware I could click at the bottom of the pad; I was only tapping on the pad's surface.

Thinking that tapping didn't work and neither any of the keyboard's buttons (Tab, Spacebar, Return/Enter), I decided to shut down the macbook, hoping to restart the Setup Assistant after reboot.

Upon first reboot, I got to the login screen but the touchpad and keyboard didn't work (cursor couldn't move and couldn't type password at all), so I rebooted the macbook for the second time. This time everything seemed normal; cursor moved and I could login by entering the password.

But still I wonder, by interrupting the Setup Assistant, what'll happen to the settings in the macbook? Do the security and other settings get set correctly? I have tried to look for ways to re-run the Setup Assistant, for example by doing Restore or by deleting some SetupDone file, but still some would say it's not recommended as it may produce strange behavior later on. So what's the best course I should take? I need expert opinions on this.

Thanks.

Chris

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Setup Assistant

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 7:32 AM

There are no replies.

Setup Assistant did not complete - What will happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.