Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with AE or Airport Card

Hello,

I've been struggling for a long time to get my wireless network working. I have a DSL modem which i've set up in bridge mode and I've configured my Airport Express (AE) to connect to my ISP through PPoE. I thought I had finally set it up correctly as it seemed to be working.... at least my flatmate who uses a PC laptop is able to connect to the AE with no problems and the AE is showing a continuous green light.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble with the connection.

I have a G5 1.8 GHz, an airport express card, the signal is full strenght and at times, I can connect to the AE and I can connect to the internet (I can even see the time connected next to my airport signal in menu bar) but then at random times the "time connected" disappears and my connection stops working. When this happens, I can't even connect to the AE through Airport Admin Utility to change my settings.
I'm wondered if it was my airport card that wasn't well connected or something so I pulled it out and put it back in. But it still is doing the same thing...
We do have a wireless phone, but shouldn't my flatmate be having the same trouble if so?
Is this a faulty Airport Card problem? This is what I think but I was wondering if anyone else had the same kind of symptoms and could help?
I'm running the latest AE firmware (6.3) and don't know if that is the problem?
Thanks for any help!

G5 1.8 Ghz Mac OS X (10.4.4) AE with latest Firmware (6.3)

Posted on Jan 31, 2006 4:13 AM

There are no replies.

Problems with AE or Airport Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.