Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just got lion where is front row?

I use my IMAC for everything. Having front row made it easy to watch my showes and movies. What happened to it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 3:35 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2011 7:58 AM in response to bfrodent19

I was upset when I found out in here that Front Row isn't in Lion - that's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded, but when I went to the Apple Store and played around with one of their display models (I'm pretty sure it was running Lion), I did a search for Front Row and it came up - and it was just like the current (OSX Snow Leopard) version - even had the same icon (the red arm chair 😉 lol)...have you tried that? Don't know if it'll work - or why it did on the display model and not yours, if you did, but it's worth a try if you haven't already tried that...

Good luck!

Mar 19, 2012 9:58 AM in response to E. Kennedy

Hey Guys,

I know Apple dropped Front Row app from Lion, and it ***** to live without it.

Now, I found Squire and works even better than Front Row.

It's not at its prime yet, but the Alpha version finds your movies, and tv shows across your network, and then somehow it link back once you're out of your network.

Squire mapped my movies and tv shows, both from my NAS and MacBook Pro.

And today, at the office, my MacBook Pro is able to playback movies that are stored at home.

It's amazing!

Can't wait for the developers to have Squire move on to Beta, and eventually Official Release.

Thank you Sylion guys!

Just got lion where is front row?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.