Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing my iCloud Account

When I try to access my iCloud account by clicking on iCloud in system preferences an incorrect Apple ID is displayed. In fact, it is an old email address that I no longer use. How do I resolve this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 5:49 PM

13 replies

Oct 27, 2011 5:45 PM in response to Alan Cook2

Tried that. Didn’t help. The old (incorrect) Apple ID was still displayed when I tried to access my iCloud account through system preferences.

Perhaps the solution is to leave iCloud alone for a couple of weeks (or more) and by then Apple may have it working properly. To keep addressing the problem is time-consuming, distracting and, above all, annoying.

I also have the problem that while I have no trouble accessing iCloud webmail I cannot get in using Apple Mail (with the same ID and password, which is rejected.)

Somehow I have managed to survive without iCloud for many years and a few more weeks (if that’s what it takes) won’t make much difference.

Sep 25, 2012 1:55 PM in response to Beetone

I have had the same problem since upgrading to 10.8.2. My Apple ID password works for the iTunes store and for this site, but I am constantly getting messages about iCloud problems and the password will not work to access the iCloud.

I have a backup external HD that runs 10.8.1 and the password works with iCloud there.

I also had a lot of trouble getting things to show up in the menu bar with 10.8.2

Cheers

Accessing my iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.