Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Compatibility With Older MacBook Pro With Core Duo Processor

Is my older MacBook Pro with the Intel core duo processor compatible with iCloud? This machine cannot run OS 10.7 Lion because it doesn't have the core 2 duo processor. I'm running Snow Leopard. My problem is I already upgraded my MobileMe account to iCloud on my iMac desktop (running Lion) and my iPhone 4 (iOS 5). All my data is now in the cloud and I'm unable to sync to the MacBook Pro. I think I know the answer... and it's not good.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 7:05 PM

I found this solution for syncing iCal on another thread:

Pass this to all. icloud and ical works with snow lepoard.

Go to iCal preferences.

Set up new account.

Account Type: CalDAV

User Name: Your MobileMe / iCloud email address

Password: Your password for above

Server Address: p06-caldav.icloud.com

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2011 7:05 PM in response to Tiger Karl

I found this solution for syncing iCal on another thread:

Pass this to all. icloud and ical works with snow lepoard.

Go to iCal preferences.

Set up new account.

Account Type: CalDAV

User Name: Your MobileMe / iCloud email address

Password: Your password for above

Server Address: p06-caldav.icloud.com

Aug 14, 2013 9:23 AM in response to Cinemaniak

There is a convoluted hack for syncing contacts which has been reported as working by some and not by others. I've not tried it; it sounds highly flaky to me but if you want to give it a go please see:

http://ihelpyourmac.com/wordpress/?p=23

This page looks at what you can do with Snow Leopard and iCloud, including a couple of third-party solutions:

iCloud and Snow Leopard

Oct 16, 2013 9:35 AM in response to Tiger Karl

This is exactly what I needed...all the other forums with solutions to this issue for oler Mac systems do not give t he correct sever > pXX-caldav.icloud.com <. Thank you for your insight and response to this problem.Two years later and you post is still relvant. 🙂

Note: Everyone's pXX number is diferent. I use the one you provide and it worked but I searched for my own pXX and it was different, which I am now using. Works perfectly.

iCloud Compatibility With Older MacBook Pro With Core Duo Processor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.