Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: c\program files\itunes\itunes.exe

I get this message when I try to install iTunes; "The installer has insufficient priviledges to modify this file: c\program file\itunes\itunes.exe"? Somebody please help?

ITunes download-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:21 PM

I had the same error message. After uninstalling iTunes using Add/Remove programs (this step may be unnecessary), find and delete the "itunes" folder in your Program Files.

That did the trick for me. After deleting the folder, I was able to install the new version of iTunes.

Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2011 12:21 PM in response to Jvest50

I had the same error message. After uninstalling iTunes using Add/Remove programs (this step may be unnecessary), find and delete the "itunes" folder in your Program Files.

That did the trick for me. After deleting the folder, I was able to install the new version of iTunes.

Good luck.

The installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: c\program files\itunes\itunes.exe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.