Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash/Shockwave plugin continually crashes in latest Chrome

Whenever I load up a page that uses any sort of Flash/Shockwave object, 99% of the time i will get a message in Chrome alerting me that the Shockwave plugin has crashed. I checked my other browsers (Safari and Firefox) and both of those seem to work just fine with any Flash objects.

I've tried my best to completely uninstall Flash and any user preference files but even if it does work for a little bit, inevitably it will start crashing again. Any suggestions?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 6:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2013 11:59 PM in response to Lanny

I just had this problem happen and this is what i did to solve it.

1. I downloaded CCleaner from the App store (free) and ran the cleaner to erase unnecessary files.

2. Update JAVA. www.java.com

3. Open Chrome and went to Settings , scroll to nottom and choose advanced settings, privacy, conmtent settings: make sure "allow local data to be set (recommended)" is chosen, then click on "Cookies and site data" and choose "remove all". IMPORTANT: now click on "Disable individual plug-ins..." in the Plug-ins section.

4. A new window will appear. Scroll down to Flash Player and review your flash player (shockwave) installations. disable all versions. CLOSE all windows. Restart Chrome.

5. go to THIS link to MANUALLY choose your version of Shockwave: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/

6. Under Step 1 Choose your OS and under Step 2 choose the most recent version of shockwave (Ver 12.*.*)

7. OPEN the pkg. and choose Shockwave_Uninstaller.app to remove previous versions.

*. When complete, go back and nbow choose Shockwave_Installer_Full.app

7. after installation if your problems persist, you have other issuea that may be the culprit and must do advanced troubleshooting. I will post "advanced Troubleshooting" in new reply.

Flash/Shockwave plugin continually crashes in latest Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.