I just had this problem happen and this is what i did to solve it.
1. I downloaded CCleaner from the App store (free) and ran the cleaner to erase unnecessary files.
2. Update JAVA. www.java.com
3. Open Chrome and went to Settings , scroll to nottom and choose advanced settings, privacy, conmtent settings: make sure "allow local data to be set (recommended)" is chosen, then click on "Cookies and site data" and choose "remove all". IMPORTANT: now click on "Disable individual plug-ins..." in the Plug-ins section.
4. A new window will appear. Scroll down to Flash Player and review your flash player (shockwave) installations. disable all versions. CLOSE all windows. Restart Chrome.
5. go to THIS link to MANUALLY choose your version of Shockwave: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/
6. Under Step 1 Choose your OS and under Step 2 choose the most recent version of shockwave (Ver 12.*.*)
7. OPEN the pkg. and choose Shockwave_Uninstaller.app to remove previous versions.
*. When complete, go back and nbow choose Shockwave_Installer_Full.app
7. after installation if your problems persist, you have other issuea that may be the culprit and must do advanced troubleshooting. I will post "advanced Troubleshooting" in new reply.