Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not shown in System Preferences

Running MacOS X 10.7.2 on an iMac. iCloud does not appear in the System Preferences (see screenshot). I have set up iCloud on my iPad, but how can I set my iMac up to use it, too?

User uploaded file

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.7), iPad WiFi 32GB

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 7:42 AM

18 replies

Oct 25, 2011 3:29 PM in response to David Neale1

If you were beta testing, then you had your own resources made available to you by Apple. You had an opportunity to update to the latest build. More importantly, you agreed to an NDA, which means you are not to discuss any aspect of this anywhere other than within the testing area (that includes these forums and the Apple store).

The Apple store will not be able to help you. You will not be able to update now since the latest build was released publicly (therefore the testing is closed). The only way out would be to go back to an older (public) release of 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 and then have Software Update update it to 10.7.2. You did keep your older installer(s), didn't you? So, if you have a backup, go back to an older version and update it, then port back your files. Or, you can simply stay with the - now unsupported - beta version.

By the way, how did you get Lion originally? Did you pay for it at the app store or was it furnished to you free of charge? If you paid for it, you should be able to download it again; if not, I believe you're out of luck, but I may be mistaken.

Oct 26, 2011 3:40 AM in response to David Neale1

Ah, but anyone who doesn't know what that means doesn't belong in the discussion anyway 👿

Change of subjects: fantastic the way Lion is handling running Fortran scientific code...I am definitely impressed with how well this system works. If you haven't used the Terminal (in applications, may have to go to utilities) window, you might want to give it a try and just root around awhile. Handles most Unix commands and is really, really fast response.

Oct 26, 2011 7:10 AM in response to Julian Wright

That's a good suggestion, Julian. I downloaded the combo updater during the night (things go slowly here in Spain) and am now doing a backup prior to trying the installation. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just tried to run the combo update, which fails because, "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." Never mind. I shall do without iCloud for a while.

iCloud not shown in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.