Previous 1 2 Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 8:29 AM by David Neale1
David Neale1 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

Running MacOS X 10.7.2 on an iMac. iCloud does not appear in the System Preferences (see screenshot). I have set up iCloud on my iPad, but how can I set my iMac up to use it, too?

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 16.30.20.png

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.7), iPad WiFi 32GB
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (39,860 points)

Your screen shot shows build 11C48, 10.7.2 is build 11C74...may be the problem.

• David Neale1 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

About this Mac shows 10.7.2 (see screenshot). I showed the build in the earlier post, in case that had something to do with it.

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 18.35.46.png

When I check with Software Update I am not told that"Your software is up to date," and if I check in the AppStore for Lion, I am told that it is already installed.

Can I find more recent build elsewhere?

I am not sure why Version is showing 10.7.2 but Build 11C48 since that is not the correct build...perhaps do a restart and see if it picks up the correct version of the build.

• babowa Level 7 Level 7 (27,670 points)

Out of curiosity, how did you get this 11C48 build? The 10.7.2 update was publicly issued as build 11C74. Can you elaborate on how you got that build?

From Apple, during the beta-testing of Lion.

I am unable to get the most recent version from the AppStore, as explained earlier, as this indicates that it is already installed (screenshot shows "Instalada" because I live in Spain).

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 22.33.41.png

Ralph Landry1 wrote:

I am not sure why Version is showing 10.7.2 but Build 11C48 since that is not the correct build...perhaps do a restart and see if it picks up the correct version of the build.

I have tried a restart: problem persists.

• ThatBenGuy Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)

You may need to ask for help from the Apple Store.  Beta users have to have the correct and latest build of Lion 10.7.2 instead of any beta version.

If you were beta testing, then you had your own resources made available to you by Apple. You had an opportunity to update to the latest build. More importantly, you agreed to an NDA, which means you are not to discuss any aspect of this anywhere other than within the testing area (that includes these forums and the Apple store).

The Apple store will not be able to help you. You will not be able to update now since the latest build was released publicly (therefore the testing is closed). The only way out would be to go back to an older (public) release of 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 and then have Software Update update it to 10.7.2. You did keep your older installer(s), didn't you? So, if you have a backup, go back to an older version and update it, then port back your files. Or, you can simply stay with the - now unsupported - beta version.

By the way, how did you get Lion originally? Did you pay for it at the app store or was it furnished to you free of charge? If you paid for it, you should be able to download it again; if not, I believe you're out of luck, but I may be mistaken.

Thanks, Barbara...wanted to ask where that build was obtained but wasn''t sure just how far was allowed on this topic.

Only real solution is to clean out what is there and reinstall Lion then update.

Actually it shouldn't be discussed at all here, but since the OP already asked, might as well give him an answer rather than reporting the post .... don't know why people just don't bother to read the NDA (and in case anyone doesn't know what that means - it's a non-disclosure agreement).

Ah, but anyone who doesn't know what that means doesn't belong in the discussion anyway

Change of subjects: fantastic the way Lion is handling running Fortran scientific code...I am definitely impressed with how well this system works.  If you haven't used the Terminal (in applications, may have to go to utilities) window, you might want to give it a try and just root around awhile.  Handles most Unix commands and is really, really fast response.

The software was received as part of the beta testing. The testing is finished and there is no way now to get into the seed area to ask about it ("You are not in any active seeds."). I do not consider that posting a question here therefore violates the NDA (which I did read).

• Julian Wright Level 7 Level 7 (34,860 points)

Try downloading the final 10.7.2 Combo Updater and install it over your current build:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

That's a good suggestion, Julian. I downloaded the combo updater during the night (things go slowly here in Spain) and am now doing a backup prior to trying the installation. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just tried to run the combo update, which fails because, "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." Never mind. I shall do without iCloud for a while.

Previous 1 2 Next