Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSkysoft iMedia Converter?

I have used MPEG Streamclip before but I can't merge the clip in it without it becoming out of sync.

So I tried iSkysoft iMedia Converter and when I merged the clips together the quality was not good. What settings should I use to make it as good as possible? I'm going to use them for editing film in Final Cut Express HD.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3402955?tstart=0

Mac OS X (10.6.8), Final Cut Express HD MPEGStreamclip

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 8:25 AM

7 replies

Oct 25, 2011 6:48 PM in response to swedishamateur

Listen to what Martin was telling you. A big advantage of FCE is that it's non destructive editing. You can select all 1000 of your clips, import them into a single bin, drag that bin to the Time Line and they'll all be joined, but still editable. You can modify some, delete others, rearrange the order, and so forth…and your original 1000 clips will be untouched – stored in the same location as when you began the project.

Russ

Oct 26, 2011 7:51 AM in response to swedishamateur

Yes, you have to convert your files to QuickTime first. That's because your camcorder records MPEG2 clips (from your other discussion thread) You have to do the conversion no matter what.

MPEG Streamclip has a batch convert option that enables you to convert more than one file at a time.

But merging the clips in MPEG Streamclip or iSkysoft is not particularly useful if it doesn't work properly (out of sync audio, bad video quality ...)

Oct 26, 2011 7:55 AM in response to swedishamateur

One more reminder - try out the entire process with just a few clips first to make sure it works, before converting ALL 1000 of your clips.

Convert a few clips in MPEG Streamclip, select your Easy Setup in FCE, import the converted clips, put them in a sequence, check that everything seems to work correctly. When you are certain it's working correctly and you are satisfied with the results, then do all 1000 of your clips.

iSkysoft iMedia Converter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.