Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t install Dell printer drivers - PowerPC app

Hi All,

I downloaded the latest printer driver from Dell 3115cn. When I try to install it I get a message saying "You can´t open the application Dell 3115cn Intaller.app because PowerPC applications are no longer Supported".

What I read in another forum is that these issues may arise not because the driver is not supported, but because the installer is on PowerPC. It seems I would need to find the dirvers to be installed in another way.

Any ideas on what the issue can be and how to solve it?

I have a brand new MacBookAir with Lion.

Thanks a lot.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 10:00 AM

Unsurprisingly there are drivers on the Dell site for every flavor of Windows but only the one for Mac.

From what I can tell reading about this on the web, it is the installer for the driver that requires Rosetta.

If you trust it, here is a site that claims to have made it Lion compatible:

http://www.cpierce.org/2011/09/dell-3115cn-on-osx-lion-fresh-install/

That same site has other information regarding the printer.

Otherwise, it may be possible to copy files from a non-Lion Mac that has the driver installed. Or maybe the necessary files are contained in the dmg and you can copy them to the correct locations manually. I can't help you there, though.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2011 10:00 AM in response to MIbanez

Unsurprisingly there are drivers on the Dell site for every flavor of Windows but only the one for Mac.

From what I can tell reading about this on the web, it is the installer for the driver that requires Rosetta.

If you trust it, here is a site that claims to have made it Lion compatible:

http://www.cpierce.org/2011/09/dell-3115cn-on-osx-lion-fresh-install/

That same site has other information regarding the printer.

Otherwise, it may be possible to copy files from a non-Lion Mac that has the driver installed. Or maybe the necessary files are contained in the dmg and you can copy them to the correct locations manually. I can't help you there, though.

Can´t install Dell printer drivers - PowerPC app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.