Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having trouble stopping the spam from Apple?

Ever since I upgraded to Lion and signed into the Mac App Store for the first time, I've been getting junk mail from Apple every few weeks. Every message says, in tiny, gray type at the bottom, "If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you've changed your email address, please click here."

Every time I get one, I "click here", and give it the e-mail address that it sent the message to.

Every time the website assures me that I've been unsubscribed from all commercial e-mail (but might take 10 days to have an effect).

But despite these promises, I'm still getting spam from Apple.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me that Apple is perpetually lying to?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:32 PM

5 replies

Oct 25, 2011 12:41 PM in response to sfsv

I have never gotten anything like that from Apple, so I have to wonder if you have gotten onto someone else's email list who is spoofing Apple. Unfortunately if that is the case, those sort of dishonest folks use the unsubscribe as a scam to verify that they are sending to a legitimate email address and that someone is receiving the spam.

Oct 25, 2011 8:27 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

What do you think the odds are that Apple would allow MobileMe to filter out Apple's own marketing messages?

This is not random spam (which, in my experience, MobileMe does an excellent job of suppressing: I've received exactly three pieces of spam this entire year). This is from Apple's own marketing department, selling Apple's own products on Apple's own website. No rational business is going to define its own marketing messages as spam and thus prevent it from reaching the people on its marketing list.

Anyone else having trouble stopping the spam from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.