Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing hard drive on network with Lion

Since I upgraded to Lion on my 3 iMacs I have not been able to connect to my WD hard drive which is connected to my main mac. I used to be able to do this easily through the sharing facility using SMB. I need to get this back working ASAP. I have tried solutions suggested about repairing hard drive through disk utilities and by turning off afp and leaving SMS on. none worked o far

I can connect to the other macs folders and get them to access my folders on the mac but the external hard drive is no longer shown as accessible

Hope this makes sense and that some one can help?

Cheers

Colin

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:31 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2011 12:51 PM in response to durignieux pierre

Thanks. Yes it is showing in the list of shared folders in the sharing section of settings. However since the lion upgrade when I click on Get Info for that hard drive in the share section of the info it only says that it is shared with me and no one else. This element is greyed out and I can not change. A bit frustrating really that apple changed something that was working really well!!! Cheers

Sharing hard drive on network with Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.