Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 4 have no signal/searching after iOS5 update?

This has deemed my iphone unusable. I have restored to factory setting twice now however nothing has changed. It does infact seem to be deteriorating in that it is either searching or has no bars.

Are there any alternative fix suggestions apart from restoring and rebooting?

Apple should be suggesting their own fixes and I am most disappointed at their lack of addressing this issue.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 2:49 PM

2 replies

Oct 26, 2011 2:58 PM in response to jack2000

I went into the apple shop today and described the issue. The first question the guy asked was: are you on orange? To which I replied yes! I am apparently the 8th person he has seen this weekend.

I described how it seemed to have happened straight after I downloaded IOS 5 however he said he thought this was just a coincidence. I also told him how I had restored as a new phone several times but it had made no difference.

My phone has a stuck homepage button and he said he could replace my phone based on this as I still had warranty. The new version would have the latest IOS 4 on it and not 5.

Lo and behold a brand new phone WITHOUT IOS 5 still has exactly the same problems. So it must be orange! I'm just lucky I was able to get to the bottom of it.

Next stop - the orange shop.

Good luck everyone

Why does my iPhone 4 have no signal/searching after iOS5 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.