Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s losing reception

Hi,

my 4s loses reception all the times. It is working normally, then loses 3G, then the entire network is gone, its searching for a while and is back to normal after 30sec. Does it almost every 5min.

I restored iOS5, solved it for a couple of days, now problem is back.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

iPhone 4s-OTHER, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 4:55 PM

5 replies

Dec 22, 2011 4:15 PM in response to Backphlip

I've had the exact same issue that started right after I accepted a software update for IOS5!?!

Whenever I turn the phone off and back on, or take out the sim card and put it back in...I get reception long enough to send one sms or make one phone call and then I loose all reception.....

And it's not the sim card because i tried it in my wife's iphone.

I also think that my Siri has been a little off since the update as well.

Dec 22, 2011 4:30 PM in response to Backphlip

Someone suggested to me:

Fix iPhone 4S network issue by disabling PIN code request in micro-SIM

Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.macpost.net/2087/fix-iphone-4s-network-coverage-issue-by-disabling-pi n-code-request-in-micro-sim/

Unfortunately, this did not work for me :-( I still have the same problem...But i hope this can help some of you..

Dec 28, 2011 8:59 AM in response to Backphlip

Dear all,

(THIS CONCERNS MTC TOUCH CUSTOMERS IN LEBANON)

I've received an email with a solution to the problem; you have to update to the new iOS 5.0.1 firmware (9A406)!! It's been 1Hour and so far my iPHone 4S is working just fine. Please follow carefully the below instructions:

RUN A FULL BACK UP BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS

1. Download the new iOS 5.0.1 firmware (9A406) from the internet. (800MB)2. Connect your iPhone 4S to iTunes.
3. Once connected, two options will show: ‘restore’ and ‘check for update’.
4. Press down SHIFT and choose ‘check for update’. (if you click ‘check for update’ without pressing down SHIFT doesn’t work.)
5. Select the new firmware (9A406). Note that the file should be renamed ‘iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.ipsw’ (instead of ‘iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.zip’), i.e. changing the file extension from ZIP to IPSW. iTunes will now work alone and update your iPhone 4S.
A full back up is recommended before firmware upgrade.

HOPE THIS HELPS

iPhone 4s losing reception

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.