Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laserwriter problem: the network host is busy ...

HI,

My Intel iMac is connected to a LaserWriter 16/600 PS. I have used this printer for many years. I have always worked even with my Intel iMac. This morning trying to use it as usual I got a print error message, telling me: "reversible problem: the network host «10.0.1.4» is busy (see below)":

User uploaded file

I restarted my iMac and my printer in this order, and still got the same message. No changes has been made to my network. What could be the problem ?

Regards.

Robert Lespérance

Joyful owner of an iMac Intel ... Fast as light !!! !!!!, iMac Intel - 3,06 GHZ - 21" - 12.0 Go

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 5:21 PM

I suggest you using Network Utility to ping the IP address of the printer to see if you get a response. If you get a response then I would delete the printer from Print & Fax and add the printer again, using IP > LPD as the protocol. If you don't get a response to the ping then try turning off the printer for a minute and then back on. If you can I would also print a configuration page from the printer to check that it still has the same IP address.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2011 5:21 PM in response to Robert Lesperance

I suggest you using Network Utility to ping the IP address of the printer to see if you get a response. If you get a response then I would delete the printer from Print & Fax and add the printer again, using IP > LPD as the protocol. If you don't get a response to the ping then try turning off the printer for a minute and then back on. If you can I would also print a configuration page from the printer to check that it still has the same IP address.

Dec 10, 2011 6:52 AM in response to Robert Lesperance

Hi,

The «Host is down» message is back again ... For a reason I don't understand, I am unable to print to my LaserWriter 16/600 PS anymore.

I have been using this printer in the present environnement for 2 years without any problem. For a month or so, my iMac seems to loose contact with the printer. Playing around with the cables and restarting the computer as done until now, but I don't understand what really gets my back in communication with the printer.

This morning I have tried to be more cautious of my steps to see what can be the way back, but I was not able yet to reconnect to the printer.

I closed the printer, disconnected the cable to the router, restarted the computer and opened the printer ... Nothing did it.

Who or what is the intruder messing the communication ?

Dec 10, 2011 7:13 AM in response to Don Archibald

Hi Don,

No ... The printer is connected directly. It just came back. I disconnected and moved the cable near the connector on the printer. PING works perfect now.

It could be the network cable connection to the printer. The cable was bended almost to 90 degrees. I taped it to hold it in a better way. I will see if this is the problem. Thanks.

Regards.

Laserwriter problem: the network host is busy ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.