Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to stop ical from sending emails to subscribers every time an event is added/changed/deleted from a private shared me.com calendar?

I have setup a private calendar with other icloud users. Every time an event is added, deleted or changed iCal sends an email to every subscriber. Is there a way to disable the emails from being sent?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 5:22 PM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2012 3:29 PM in response to RyanWAdams

There is a way to get at this preference now... one has to log into iCloud.com, and go to Calendars there. Any shared calendar will have a little green 'shared' icon on it. If you click that icon, you can find the checkbox within the window that pops up that says whether or not to email when the calendar is updated. Apparently this is only on iCloud.com, not available on the Mac or iOS.

Mar 15, 2012 3:58 PM in response to loveyourmac

Yes, its been happening to us for last 24 hours. Its gone mad sending us emails everytime my wife or i change our diaries. We have logged onto the cloud, gone to ical and made sure we have not checked the box for sending update emails - we haven't. This has to be an apple issue, starting with the upgrades yesterday ?? Help, urgently please

Dec 6, 2012 1:59 AM in response to KenMiyawaki

as far as i understand iCal it is on the "receivers/subscribers" side to deal with email-updates (and not on the "senders/changers" side):

snippet from my Re: How do you stop receiving notifications about updated calendar events?:

to NOT get email notification about updated events from a shared calendar you subscribed to you have to uncheck "events affect availability" in that calendars "info" (mac os X.7 and X.8: iCal —> calendars dropdown —> right click on the subscribed calendar —> choose "get info" from the context-menu —> uncheck "events affect availability")

Is there a way to stop ical from sending emails to subscribers every time an event is added/changed/deleted from a private shared me.com calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.