Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove previous Profile Manager settings

Hi All!

I have a Lion OS X Server running at home for my couple of Macs. Despite many issues i am still trying to get it going. 🙂

One of the issues I have right now is with Profile Manager. When I initially started using it I thought it was a good idea to setup a printer for all users. I added the printer to a profile and it showed up on all the systems eventually.

Trouble is somehow it installed the printer in the system but no drivers so all I get is junk on the printer if somebody tries to print. To much hassle to solve so I removed the printer from the Profile Manager settings and manually installed the printer on each Mac.

Now here comes the trouble: Even though the printer is removed from the profiles in Profile Manager it keeps on reappearing on the Macs!!!! 😠

I have tried everything I can think of but I no change. I think deleting a setting on the Profile Manager does not remove this setting from the client Macs. I have the supsicion the client Macs store somewhere the intial profile and reload it.

Anybody any ideas how to solve? Or does anybody know where the client Macs store the Profile Manager configuration profiles?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 5:50 PM

1 reply

Remove previous Profile Manager settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.