Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop phone vibrating when receiving emails in silent mode

Hi,

I have an iphone 4 and the iOS5 update.

I mainly have my phone switched to silent mode which is fine for receiving texts and calls as I prefer it to vibrate, but how can I stop it vibrating every time I receive an email without disabling silent mode?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 1:36 AM

10 replies

Oct 26, 2011 1:40 AM in response to wak

If I remember correctly, Apple has been experimenting with the vibrate-for-emails feature in the iOS 5 betas. The phone would vibrate for new email message on one beta and they'd drop it again for the next. Seems like it has made its way to the final iOS 5 and thus you won't be able to disable it selectively. One alternative, though not really a good solution, is to check for new mail manually and not have the phone do that for you on an intervall or via push.

Sebastian.

Oct 26, 2011 3:03 AM in response to wak

I do this on my 4s:

Go to Settings, Sounds, New Mail and set the sound to None. Stops the phone from vibrating on email in silent mode, and plays no sound for new mail when not. Text Tone works the same way, set a sound and it will vibe in silent mode, set to no sound also yields no vibe in silent, so make sure you have a sound set for the Text Tone.

Hope that helps!

Apr 6, 2014 11:19 PM in response to wak

I figured it out I had this problem also on my iPhone 4s with iOS 7.

You can't turn it off with the sounds category.

Go to notification centre - scroll down to mail - go into email account - alert sound

Make sure the sound says none and go into vibrate and make sure that's on none. This worked for me

Stop phone vibrating when receiving emails in silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.