Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iOS 5 support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) for interacting with text messages in Ford Sync?

I'd sure love to take advantage of Ford Sync's ability to read aloud and let me interact with bluetooth text messages by voice. I had heard rumours that iOS 5 was going to support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) like other phone manufacturers, but in my latest update I received while testing and reading other non-Apple sites, that appears not to be the case.

Is this something I'd have to upgrade to the iPhone 4S to otherwise get?

It's not Siri I'm interested in, just this particular feature to allow the phone to interact with my vehicle. If there's a 3rd party app out there that helps I'm open to that idea too. Thinking about what my next smart phone's going to be with LTE, and this is weighing in on my decision, lots of enterprise users out there with Ford as their company fleet vehicle too (hint hint!). A nice way to save lives too for those who refuse to not read/reply to texts while driving (I'm not in that club, but many are).

Kind Regards,

Brian

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:25 AM

There are only a handful of phones that support that profile, but the iPhone is not one of them. Suggest such to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

6 replies

Oct 26, 2011 4:45 AM in response to wjosten

For the public record, here's the feedback I submitted based on Allan's suggestion. Thank you both, guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope others share their feedback in a positive way to Apple too.

--

I'd sure love to take advantage of Ford Sync's ability to read aloud and let me interact with bluetooth text messages by voice. However it requires phones to support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) like Android and other phone manufacturers.

Humbly requesting this is something that gets added to a future iOS update.

It's not Siri I'm interested in, just this particular feature to allow the phone to interact with my vehicle by using the vehicles embedded voice and heads-up display commands.

Advantages:

(1) Gives one less reason for Apple people to stray to Google

(2) Saves lives too for those who refuse to not read/reply to texts while driving

(3) Keeps drivers behaving legally (outside of common sense, many provinces and states have enacted laws to try and protect people against themselves)

(4) A critical enterprise feature if Apple is attempting to continue to break into that market, most fortune 500 companies that have employees using fleet vehicles use Ford, but frankly other manufacturers coming to market with these features too.

Thanks for consideration around this feature. If you'd like to understand the use-case more or be pointed to threads in the discussion forum and 3rd party websites begging for this feature, happy to discuss.

Kind Regards,

Brian R. Kneebone

Does iOS 5 support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) for interacting with text messages in Ford Sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.