Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare E-Mail Address?

Hi there,

I am still within my 12 months Hardware Warranty under AppleCare, so I had my local CompUSA send in my iBook for service. It seems as though the LCD was BURNING the backside of the Top Case.

So as I'm looking at the top of my iBook, I can see horizontal black lines underneath the white paint ... its really ugly.

In any case, they sent it off, it came back, and the replaced the LCD - which is nice - but it doesn't fix the burn marks.

On top of that, it came back FILTHY, as if the technician who replaced the part was working with motor oil all day long, I'm very disappointed.

So, in the end, I would like to contact them - but every time I call, I get "I can't talk to you, your 90 days of free support are up" - can I e-mail APPLECARE directly?

Jason

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on Jan 31, 2006 1:09 PM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2006 11:47 PM in response to Merged Content 1

Unless your iBook has an AppleCare Protection Plan, AppleCare Support will always ask you for a credit card after the first 90 days. If your issue turns out to be a hardware problem and not a software problem, you will not be charged. Since your issue is clearly not a software problem, you should not be charged in the end.

However, I might recommend you call AppleCare Support, but ask to be transfered to Apple Customer Relations instead of support. Be prepared with the dates and details of your experience and have a specific request. Be friendly but firm and ask that you get service again and ask for a new case. There's no guarantee they'll agree, but at least you'll have your experience documented. Unfortunately, "cosmetic" issues that do not actually interfere with the operation of the computer are often not addressed.

-Doug

AppleCare E-Mail Address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.