Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing a Keynote that has an .mp4 video

I'm in the middle of doing a Keynote for a client. Inside the keynote on one of the slides is an .mp4 video, plays fine on my Mac Pro desktop. The client wants to see how the keynote plays on his Ipad so I have to upload the full keynote to my web server and give him a link so he can download it using his email account accessed in his I pad.

I also have an ipad and found it takes a while, about 5 minutes to download the .key to the iPad ( it's 60mbs)

the first thing I get after the IPad asks to open in keynote is the copy graphic then it says the font Times Roman was replaced with Times RomanPSMT. I know this msg will show if the .key was done with fonts not on the IPad you will view the .key with but I did the fonts in Arial and checked the .key for any other fonts but there are none, only Arial.

Second problem is in the mp4 link I sent the client ( both the key and mp4 are in the same folder but yet the mp4 does not play from the downloaded .key

Any help?

Rd

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 3:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2011 6:35 AM in response to ralphiedee

I don't have an iPad and have never used one so I am just guessing here.

For the font issue did you check the masterslides to see if they use Times? If you just changed the fonts on the slides to Arial, but not the masters, it might still find it there and think you are using it. On your computer, go to Outline View, click on one of the slides and then select all. Then click on the Font drop down menu in the Format Bar. It will show you what all fonts are being used in the Keynote.

The only thing that I can think of with the video is to check your Keynote Preferences and make sure that "Copy audio and movies into document" is checked. If you don't want this to happen automatically all the time, you can do a Save As and then under the Advanced Options, just check the box that says the same thing.

Give those a try and let us know if it helps.

Playing a Keynote that has an .mp4 video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.