Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since joining Icloud I have duplicate entries for all diary entries: help

MacBook Air, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:51 PM

I, too, have had duplicates, however, mine are random. Deja vu of MobileMe. I have spent two sessions with AppleCare, and they both lasted hours. So far, I see that I need to NOT use iCloud until they work some more of the bugs out. HOWEVER, I cannot turn off iCloud on the MacBook, without an incredibly long, involved process, or it will delete my events. So it's now turned off on my iPhone, but still on on my MacBook. I am going to manually sync through iTunes, and forget the iCloud until the techs have had more experience.

It has to do with repeating dates, mostly, but it has affected other events, too.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2011 8:51 PM in response to ballycastle2004

I, too, have had duplicates, however, mine are random. Deja vu of MobileMe. I have spent two sessions with AppleCare, and they both lasted hours. So far, I see that I need to NOT use iCloud until they work some more of the bugs out. HOWEVER, I cannot turn off iCloud on the MacBook, without an incredibly long, involved process, or it will delete my events. So it's now turned off on my iPhone, but still on on my MacBook. I am going to manually sync through iTunes, and forget the iCloud until the techs have had more experience.

It has to do with repeating dates, mostly, but it has affected other events, too.

Oct 27, 2011 8:17 PM in response to buffalo wallow

Here is the whole story, copied from someone else in another region of the forum...but answers all these questions:

Install the Lion 10.7.2 OSx update or later.

In Apple/System Preferences/Internet/Wireless, connect to iCloud account.

1. In iCal/Preferences/Accounts, add iCloud.

2. In iCalPreferences/General, change the default calendar and reminder group to ones from iCloud, otherwise adding new appointments in iCal will default to the On My Mac calendar and they not show up in the iCloud calendar.

3. In iCal/Calendars deselect the On My Mac calendars.

4. To get subscriptions back, go to each of the subscriptions under iCal/Calendars and select Get Info then change the location from On My Mac to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.