Skip navigation

lion apps

429 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 8:11 PM by Sjazbec RSS
1 2 Previous Next
discuss54 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 26, 2011 5:38 PM

Sorry, I want to be clear.

If I buy the Pages app for my macbook w/Lion, do I have to buy it for my imac w/Lion, or do I get to redownload it and share it with both?

• Sjazbec Level 4 Level 4 (1,665 points)
    Oct 26, 2011 5:46 PM (in response to discuss54)

if you buy the app in Lions appstore you can transfer it to your other Mac,too, provided it runs the same OS and handles the app well enough.

See the fine print for legal issues.

But - because you were asking in a different topic about icloud and documents :

Fair warning : iwork for Mac is not icloud enabled, just a warning before you follow the hype of wanting to "sync your documents"... Mac does not sync office files, only iOS does this.

It is a manual upload via Safari. So it is no matter if you use iwork,msoffice or openoffice to create files. Just any app that can create doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx and such.

However you must buy the iwork apps on your iDevice : Without them you cannot upload anything in the safari iwork section at icloud.com, you will see advertising only if you don't own the mobile apps.

• babowa Level 7 Level 7 (22,095 points)
    Oct 26, 2011 5:47 PM (in response to discuss54)

According to this:

If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

you should be able to use it on both machines (unless you are buying the iOS version - then you'd have to buy the regular version for Mac OS as well).

Oct 26, 2011 5:51 PM (in response to babowa)

His intention is the "document in the cloud" stuff and to put office files on the icloud. But without purchasing the mobile apps he wont profit from pages on the Mac, cause there is zero sync.

The upload to browser will only be activated once the iOS apps are present.

Sorry, but I saw so many people purchasing only the Mac versions and they sit and wonder about the "magic sync" or "where is the "drag and drop" feature to the icloud ? ..

And he wrote in other posts that he wants the icloud things in pages and co..

Oct 26, 2011 5:53 PM (in response to Sjazbec)

Okay - I was not aware of the other posts..... and yes, the expectations for iCloud far exceed its' capabilities.

Oct 26, 2011 6:02 PM (in response to discuss54)

you buy the wanted app on Mac No.1 in MacAppStore.

Log in to mac No2 onto MacAppStore with the same Apple-ID you used on MacAppStore on MAc No1 and then yes, it will be in your "purchased" list and can be re-downloaded.

You can also just copy the app from one to the other Mac if both are yours.

the software is tied to your Apple-ID, not to a specific machine.

Oct 26, 2011 6:30 PM (in response to discuss54)

You got your answer I see. And you just changed your username?

Oct 26, 2011 6:41 PM (in response to babowa)

must be the moon tonight..

Oct 26, 2011 6:46 PM (in response to Sjazbec)

You're not supposed to see the moon (or anything else) considering what time it is where you are.....

Seriously, I'm guessing the OP had to change the name since it was a complete email address which is not allowed.

Oct 26, 2011 6:58 PM (in response to babowa)

lol, ok..

I think he is downloading the app now. But expect him back when it comes to the cloud *sigh*

Oct 26, 2011 7:46 PM (in response to discuss54)

Your documents from Mac OS X Lion and pages on it wont "push" anywhere, not to icloud and not to the other Mac.

iwork / pages for Mac OS X has NO ICLOUD FEATURES. ONLY THE IOS5 VERSIONS HAVE.

Oct 26, 2011 8:01 PM (in response to discuss54)

The iOS version works on iOS devices (NOT computers).

The regular Mac OS version works on Mac computers.

iCloud is mostly for pushing your purchased iTunes content (music and video) to all your devices. It has very limited functionality as a regular syncing app; from a Mac, you have to access iCloud on icloud.com.

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.