Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publishing ical to a website

Hi people,

I use Lion, iCal 5. I know there is no option to publish a calendar directly to a website but i am hoping someone knows of an app, utility or plugin that can do this for me. It's a personal homepage and google calendar is not an option. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), "Always make backups!!"

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:59 PM

6 replies

Oct 27, 2011 2:44 AM in response to jayv.

I don't have Lion so I don't know if the facility has been removed: but you may be able to publish a local ('On My Mac') calendar to a web page by control-clicking it and choosing 'Publish'; you will need to enter the settings for your webspace server if you don't have MobileMe.

If you have a MobileMe account and have calendars listed under its login name, then you can't publish those.

If you have iCloud, any local calendars have probably been moved to the iCloud server: you can't publish these, you would have to move any calendar you want to publish back to 'On My Mac' (where of course it can't sync), so you have a choice between publishing and syncing any particular calendar.

To move a Mobileme or iCloud calendar back to 'On My Mac' please follow the second set of numbered instructions on this page:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/movecalendars.html

It's written for MobileMe; probably it works the same for iCloud but I haven't been able to verify this.

Oct 29, 2011 12:02 AM in response to frankie23456

frankie23456 wrote:

The Publish feature is gone, in Lion it's become 'share' and only allows you to share it with other icloud users.

That will certainly be the case, as it is in Snow Leopard, for calendars under your iCloud (or MobileMe) login: and the migration process moves your 'On My Mac' calendars to iCloud, whether you want this done or not. Have you checked whether 'Publish' has been removed from 'On My Mac' calendars? (You can't Share On My Mac calendars.)

Oct 29, 2011 10:20 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Indeed when i create a calendar on my Mac the publish option appears.

However when publishing to a server i get the same error:

"The calendar “test calendar” couldn’t be published."

"The request for http://exampleurl/test%20calendar.ics failed.

The server responded with

“501”

I tried different servers, all the same results.

Also if i have the calendar on my Mac, it's useless to me as i need it synced with my phone and ipad as well.

Still hoping an app/utility is out there that can do all this.

Oct 29, 2011 10:29 PM in response to jayv.

Ah, figured out that an FTP address has to be used in a certain format and got the calendar to publish.

However it simply uploads an .ics file which is of course not visible in a web browser.

I have been googling for many days now looking for an app that can convert my calendar into a calendar that can be viewed online and have come up empty (the only app i found has been discontinued) :/

Publishing ical to a website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.