Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv/streaming

I have an ipad, iphone, imac and considering buying Apple tv but I want to make sure it's what I need. Can I stream from any of these devices with anything to the apple tv? If I am watching hulu on my ipad, can I stream to my tv via apple tv. In other words, if I am watching a hulu or hbogo program, will it stream from my ipad or mac? Also interested in getting speakers that are both blue tooth and can be connected to Apple TV. Any advice much appreciated.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:53 PM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2011 12:01 AM in response to JoanneD

Only iPad 2 and iPhone4S support mirroring of the screen on AppleTV (I have neither currently so can't confirm everythiung can be seen on AppleTV - some stuff may be protected and prevent transmission).

A different technology allows streaming to AppleTV called Airplay. Apps must be enabled for this on iPad, iPhone or it won't work. Same for websites - although the browser can Airplay, unless the site allows it, it won't work.

Airplay/Mirroring from standard applications on a Mac is not currently possible.

Airplay is available from iTunes for compatible content.

In summary, I don't think it'll do everything you want.

AC

Apple tv/streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.