Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

links in posts (and why they are removed)

I recently posted (in answer to a question). The original post provided a link to a document (which GREATLY helped) show the problem they were tryingto solve.

In my post I proved:

1) a detailed explanation and

2) their original document with my modifications to solve the problem

I later received an email notifying me that that:

----------------------------

"We appreciate the assistance you provide users in Apple Support Communities. However, your recent post is in violation of the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use available here:

<LINK REMOVED SO I DON'T GET FLAGGED AGAIN>

Please do not include executable links in your post or signature.

Best Regards,

Apple Support Communities Staff"

----------------------------

When I read the "Apple Support Communities Use Agreement"

I find 5 referneces to "link":

1) section 2.2: Apple will not tolerate flames or other inappropriate statements, material, or links

2) section 2.4: Do not post polls or petitions or links to same

3) section 2.6: No advertising. Do not use the Site to sell or market your products to others and do not post a URL unless it directly answers a user’s question. If any portion of your Submission, including any posted URL, results in any accrual of compensation or benefit to you, you must note this in your post by stating, “I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.” As well, the following are not allowed:

4) section 2.6.2: Any reference, including a link, to a commercial item that is not directly related to a relevant technical support question or answer. For example: “This post created by Super Post Creator.”

5) section 2.6.3: You may sign your Submissions with information about yourself. However, this should not include a link to a website

There are two refernces to "URL" (in section 2.6 above)

The URL I provided was a link directly to a numbers document only. I would like clarification on why this was removed and why I received an email stating I was in violation of the User Agreement. When I read the Ageement I do not believe I was in violation. When I review each item listed above here is what I think:

1) section 2.2: my link was no a flame and did not link to inappropriate material

2) section 2.4: my link was not a petition or a link to the same

3) seciotn 2.6: it was not an advertisement. In fact this links was providing a direct answer to a posted problem

4) section 2.6.2: It was directly part of my technical response to the problem AND was NOT a link to a commercial site

5) section 2.6.3: this was not a link to anything about me (it was a link to my domain but only provided the Numbers document)

Again, to reiterate, I was posting a Numbers document to provide to the original poster.

Thanks for any help here from moderators.

Wayne

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 6:29 AM

Hi Wayne,

I agree with you that the link removal was excessive and I apologize for the confusion. Feel free to repost the link where appropriate and thanks for bringing the matter to our attention.

Thanks!

Pansy

1 reply

links in posts (and why they are removed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.