Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was there a change in behavior of Activity Monitor between Leopard and Snow Leopard?

My wife has MacBook Pro (Late 2007, 2.4/2.2GHz) with Intel Core 2 Duo processor running Leopard.

I have MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011) with quad-core Intel Core i7 processor running Snow Leopard.

When we open Activity Monitor and switch to the CPU tab to show CPU usage, my wife sees a separate indicator for each of her cores. I see only one, although CPU usage is reported over 100% at times.

Is there a trick to display an indicator for each of the cores on my laptop?

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 7:00 AM

In Snow Leopard double-left-click on the CPU-usage graph to get seperate graphs for all Cores of your i7.

Stefan

4 replies

Oct 28, 2011 5:04 AM in response to Fortuny

Well, floating window has been available before as well and it is indeed nice to have if one wants to watch continuously. However, for a quick peek when troubleshooting, having to open the extra window after launching the program is just an extra step and the extra window covers some other stuff. Giveth and taketh.

Was there a change in behavior of Activity Monitor between Leopard and Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.