Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page numbering in layout mode

Hi, I have along document in pages in layout mode. Is there anyway to add page numbers? The menu item is greyed out.

Thanks for any help.

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 6:13 AM

As with all the cases of grayed-out options in iWork apps that I can think of, it's a context issue. If you haven't selected a place for the Page Number that will accept the page number, the option will be grayed-out. Here are some ways to get the option to activate:

• Turn on a Header or Footer, and click into it to set the Insertion Cursor
  • Insert a Text Box and click in it
  • Insert a Shape that will accept text, and click into the Text area of the Shape

Regards,

Jerry

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2011 6:13 AM in response to Tudor68

As with all the cases of grayed-out options in iWork apps that I can think of, it's a context issue. If you haven't selected a place for the Page Number that will accept the page number, the option will be grayed-out. Here are some ways to get the option to activate:

• Turn on a Header or Footer, and click into it to set the Insertion Cursor
  • Insert a Text Box and click in it
  • Insert a Shape that will accept text, and click into the Text area of the Shape

Regards,

Jerry

Page numbering in layout mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.