Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server app - Groups not listing members

Lion Server 10.7.2

Individual Users do not display their group membership and Groups do not display there individual members. It is a bit frustrating for admin purposes as I need to see what users are members of what groups.

Server is currently only running AFP and SMB which functions correctly as do the shares and their applicable permissions for the users and groups.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 8:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2012 11:03 AM in response to Puddletown*Jim

Same problem. I had to rebuild my LDAP database and when I imported the users and groups, they appear in Workgroup Manager but they don't appear in Server app. Well.. they do sometimes. If I click the "Add Users" button, sometimes they'll appear briefly then go away in Server app. I can also edit a user and look at their group membership via Server app and the groups from Workgroup Manager appear but they are grayed out... also, the users from the LDAP server will disappear at first and I have to click on another button, like "Configure Network" and then click back on "Add Users" and the network users will be there... but no group.

This is crazy. It's like working on a '74 Chevy Vega. Did ANYONE at Apple QA this?

Server app - Groups not listing members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.