Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone won't accept my apple id and password for icloud

iCloud doesn't accept my password and apple id on my iphone, though it works fine on my MacBook pro. My phone therefore won't sync with iCloud or open the associated email account.

I keep getting sent back to 'settings,' where I enter the correct password and it verifies just fine. But when I go back to the email program, it says 'the user name or password is incorrect.'

My id was previously associated with a mobileme account, which has now been moved over to iCloud.

I have seen this problem referred to many times in these support pages over the last few days but haven't seen any official response on how to deal with it.

I would really appreciate advice on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 12:08 PM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2011 12:23 PM in response to Ian Hurd

I am having the same problem. It's infuriating. I just changed my primary email connected to my appleid and all is well when I sign in on my Macbook, but my iphone just isn't having it. It's been a while since you've posted this. Has it worked out since then? Some people were telling me it just needs a few hours because I newly verified my primary email address. Hopefully it's all worked out for you, then I will know there is hope for me.

Nov 6, 2011 3:42 PM in response to alys

infuriating for sure.

I ended up dealing with the problem by deleting my appleid on my phone and then creating it again. After that, it worked fine. But I was really annoyed that the problem came up in the first place, and especially after hearing so many other people had the same problem. It seemed like a pretty obvious bug in their upgrade, and yet they seemed totally indifferent to it. I have never seen any official acknowledgement of this problem, yet the problem looks really widespread.

I hope you get yourself back on track, with this or some other solution.

Nov 6, 2011 6:57 PM in response to alys

I deleted it in settings/mail,contacts.../icloud account

at the bottom of that screen is a 'delete account' button.

good luck.

once I got icloud working well on my devices, I discovered another problem: photostream takes the last 30 days of photos from your library and sends them around to your devices. That's great, but it works by date only which means it takes images out of the trash and out of my real folders. So photostream is clogged with images I trashed, and you can't (as far as I can tell) tell it not to take those. It's mind-boggling annoying.

Anyway, I wish you happy times with icloud.

Overall, though, I do like it for its good features. But it does have a surprising number of annoying ones.

iphone won't accept my apple id and password for icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.