Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect Apple TV to Projector with no HDMI

I have a projector with S-video, rca, and vga connections but no HDMI. I would like to get an apple tv and use airplay with my ipad 2. Are there hdmi to rca or vga converters that will work well with Apple TV. I've searched different things but it's just confusing me.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 2:05 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2011 2:46 PM in response to robertfromlogan

Welcome to the Apple Community.

There are hardware converters that will convert HDMI to various other types of output, however there are some issues with doing so that you should be aware of.

HDCP

HDCP compliant converters will not allow you to watch HDCP protected content such as that from the iTunes Store. Non compliant converters exist but we cannot discuss them under the Terms of Use for these communities.

Resolution and aspect ratio

I'm not aware of any converters that will scale the output from the Apple TV, any TV or projectoe which is used will need to be widescreen and support resolutions of 720p or 480p.

How to connect Apple TV to Projector with no HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.